City Year is proud to partner with the M.A. Program in Public Humanities at Brown University, one of the nation's premier degree programs for public humanities and cultural heritage, offering a 50% tuition scholarship.
The M.A. Program in Public Humanities at Brown University offers a dynamic interdisciplinary opportunity for students interested in careers in museums, historical societies, cultural planning agencies, heritage tourism, historic preservation, and community arts programs. The program draws on Brown University’s open curriculum and the wide-ranging resources of Providence’s arts and cultural community to connect students to academic and hands-on learning experiences.
Benefits offered by the M.A. Program in Public Humanities at Brown University
||50% off tuition annually|
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Applicants will be considered for additional benefits based on the strength of the application.
- Admitted students will be permitted to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
- Click here to access JNBC M.A. Program in Public Humanities' admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please visit the JNBC website for deadline details.
- Identify your City Year affiliation:
- Please note you served with City Year in the personal statement submitted as part of the application process.
- In order to have the application fee waived, City Year applications should download an application fee waiver for the Graduate School’s Web site and submit it by the deadline indicated. Applicants should indicate their affiliation as Teach for America / AmeriCorps on the fee waiver form. Applicants can clarify their City Year location in the "Other” category. Applicants will then be contacted by the Graduate School with instructions on how to submit their application without a fee.
- A verification letter must be submitted to be considered for the scholarship. Please send an email to Nan Shearer, City Year Alumni & Career Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "JNBC Application: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent to the Admissions Office and added to applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.