City Year is proud to partner with the Andover Newton Theological School, the nation's oldest theological school and its first graduate institution of any kind, offering a 30% tuition scholarship.
Andover Newton Theological School,our first give a year Partnership offering access to preparation for the ministry, has created the model for theological education followed by virtually all graduate seminaries ever since its establishment. Throughout its remarkable 200-year history, Andover Newton has continued to develop new models for ministry and has trained some of the nation's most innovative and influential leaders. Andover Newton has always been an innovator in response to a diverse and rapidly changing world. Today, the school serves as a dynamic laboratory for religious education and the church of the future.
Benefits offered by Andover Newton Theological School
|Scholarship Amount ||30% off tuition annually|
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually||All admitted|
|Application Fee Waiver||Yes|
|Enrollment Deferral||One-year deferral|
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- The award for Andover Newton Theological School students will be equal to at least 30% of tuition per year for all admitted City Year corps, alumni and staff members. This scholarship is available for all degree programs.
- Admitted students will be permitted to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards based on the strength of the application.
- Click here to access Andover Newton Theological School's admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please check the Andover Newton Theological School's website for deadline details.
- City Year verification: A verification letter must be submitted to be considered for the scholarship. Please send an email to Amanda Smidt, City Year's National Manager of Alumni & Career Services, at giveayear@cityyear,org with "Andover Newton Theological School Application: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line. Include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent to Andover Newton Theological School and added to the applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
- Call 1-800-964-ANTS (toll free in the US) or 617-831-2430, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Please state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.