City Year is proud to partner with Boston University School of Management, a leading graduate school of business, offering $25,000 in tuition scholarships.
Boston University School of Management develops new ideas and insights for scholars and practitioners through its faculty's research and by fusing the art, science, and technology of business in their teaching. The School of Management imparts knowledge of business disciplines with a unique cross-functional perspective to prepare ethical, innovative leaders for the good of society worldwide.
The Public & Nonprofit MBA, founded in 1975, is designed for students who seek to use core business management skills to address society's most challenging humanitarian and social problems in the global economy. Whether you plan to work in the government, nonprofit, or private sector, this course of study will prepare you with the financial, operational, leadership, and entrepreneurial skills to lead and manage in today's changing environment.
Benefits offered by Boston University School of Management
||Minimum of $25,000 |
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver*
||One-year deferral |
*Application fee waiver for all Masters Programs, this includes applicants to the One-Year International MBA and to the Professional Evening MBA. To receive this fee waiver, applicants should follow the instructions as outlined on the Boston University School of Management website here.
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members or alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Scholarship applicable to the Two-Year Public & Nonprofit MBA
- A minimum $25,000 LEAD Scholarship toward the Two-Year Public & Nonprofit MBA. For full-time students, the minimum award amount will be $12,500 per year and renewable for a second year.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based funding depending on the strength of their application
- Applicants must be successful in gaining admission to the Boston University School of Management.
- Enrolled students must meet the terms as noted in the Boston University School of Management Scholarship Terms and Acceptance, found in their admission packet.
- A one-year enrollment deferral is offered for students admitted to the Public & Nonprofit MBA Program who decide to serve with City Year before starting their study. If a deferment is needed, the corps member or alum should contact the Boston University School of Management regarding the process for deferment.
To Contact the Admissions Office
- Click here to access Boston University School of Management's admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please check the Boston University School of Management's website for more deadline details.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact Boston University School of Management's Admissions Office (listed below) to get the application fee waived and be considered for scholarships listed above. Please also self-identify on your resume and/or essay.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.