City Year is proud to partner with the Endeavor College Preparatory so our alumni can continue to lead on transformational change on pressing social problems. This partnership reflects the shared visions and values of both organizations, and their belief that young people can keep students on track to graduate from high school and pursue post-secondary education. City Year strengthens an applicant’s competitiveness and chances for being selected as an Endeavor College Preparatory Full-Time Teaching Assistant or Teacher.
Endeavor College Prep is a kindergarten through eighth grade charter school serving children from the historically underserved neighborhoods of Boyle Heights, Lincoln Heights, and surrounding eastside communities. Our student population is 96% Latino, 94% free/reduced lunch, and among the highest performing in the state. We earned a 2013 API score of 870, are ranked 10 out of 10 for similar schools, became a California Distinguished School in 2012, and were ranked #8 in USC’s annual list of top charter schools in the state.
Our team is made up of a highly collaborative group of teachers and staff who share a passion for closing the achievement gap. We use a co-teaching structure in elementary grades modeled after the successful Uncommon Schools and Achievement First schools on the east coast. We have high expectations for academics and discipline, and simultaneously value joy in the classroom, making learning fun for our scholars and teachers.
The City Year experience is a strong indicator of future success at Endeavor College Preparatory and serving a year with City Year strengthens an applicant’s application and chances for being selected as a Full-Time Teaching Assistant or Teacher. Click here to learn more about the Endeavor College Preparatory experience.
Benefits offered by Endeavor College Preparatory:
- Participation in a supportive team of driven adults
- Continual, individualized professional development including bi-weekly coaching sessions and weekly professional development
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Flexibility of schedule to accommodate graduate school classes
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits plus employer contribution to 403b (retirement account)
- Click here to access Endeavor College Preparatory admissions website/hiring opportunities and apply online.
- Start Dates for Endeavor College Preparatory can be found here. Please compare start date to your corps graduation date to limit conflicts.
- City Year corps members and alumni should highlight their City Year experience on their resume as part of application materials and contact Abra Sussman from Endeavor College Preparatory at 323-439-9525 and firstname.lastname@example.org to identify your City Year affiliation after submission of your application
To Contact Endeavor College Preparatory:
Contact Abra Sussman, Director of Talent Acquisition at (323) 439 9525 or email@example.com.
Please note that all admissions decisions are made by Endeavor College Preparatory. AmeriCorps members and alumni interested in applying must complete the full application process.