City Year is proud to partner with the Silver School of Social Work at New York University, a leading graduate school focused on the education of professional social workers, offering a $21,000 tuition scholarship.
The Silver School of Social Work at New York University is committed to building knowledge and educating professionals for leadership to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Established in 1953, social work education at NYU has had a distinguished history of service, research, and scholarship addressing the most pressing problems of a complex urban environment, and the needs of our most vulnerable citizens. The School's priorities reflect the primary obligations of the social work profession – to advance the cause of social justice and promote the ideals of a humane society.
Benefits offered by The Silver School of Social Work at New York University
||$21,000 tuition scholarship|
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility & Additional Info
- $21,000 in total minimum scholarship. For full-time Master in Social Work students, the award will be in the amount of a minimum of $10,500 per year for each year enrolled in the Master of Social Work program, for a total minimum of scholarship of $21,000.
- Scholarships will be awarded to all admitted City Year corps members or alumni who have successfully completed at least one year of service and to City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- The scholarships described above represent the minimum awards. Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards depending on the strength of the application.
To Contact the Admissions Office
- Click here to learn more about the Silver School's MSW program and to apply online.
- Deadline: Please check the admissions website for information on application deadlines.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: City Year members should indicate your affiliation with City Year on the online application. There is a question that asks "I participate in or
am an alum of a national and community service organization (City Year, Peace
Corps, Teach for America, etc)." Please also contact Silver School’s Admission Office (below) to get the application fee waived and be considered for the scholarship listed above.
give a year Scholars
Lindsay Trapp '10, '11
MSW Candidate, NYU Silver School of Social Work
Read Lindsay's full profile
Get in touch with Lindsay
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.