City Year is proud to partner with Brandeis Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, a leading graduate school focused on training the next generation of scholars, offering a 25% tuition scholarship.
Brandeis Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, established in 1953, enrolls more than 900 students pursuing advanced degrees in dozens of fields. Graduate study at Brandeis offers students in-depth and broad-based scholarly exposure while providing professional training in their chosen fields. The Graduate School is characterized by a low student-to-faculty ratio and emphasis on interdisciplinary study; graduate students enjoy ample opportunity for interaction with faculty and colleagues.
Benefits offered by Brandeis Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
||25% off tuition annually |
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships awarded to City Year alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years and meet the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences admission criteria
- Applicants will be considered for additional need-based awards depending on the FAFSA.
- The scholarship is eligible for full-time enrollment in the following programs:
Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT: Elementary and Secondary Education)
- MA in Anthropology
- MS in Biochemistry and Biophysics
- MS in Biotechnology
- MS and MA in Chemistry
- MA in Classical Studies | Ancient Greek and Roman Studies
- MA in Computer Science
- MA in Computational Linguistics
- MA in English
- MA in Global Studies
- MA in History
- MA in Humanities (Comparative Humanities)
- MA in Math
- MS in Molecular and Cell Biology
- MA in Music (Musicology or Composition and Theory)
- MA in Near Eastern and Judaic Studies
- MS in Neuroscience
- MA in Philosophy
- MS in Physics
- MA in Politics
- MA in Psychology
- MA in Sociology
- MA in Women's and Gender Studies
- Click here to access Brandeis Graduate School of Arts and Sciences' admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Admission deadlines vary by program. Please check the Brandeis Graduate School of Arts and Sciences' website for more deadline details.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please select "City Year" as your affilitation at the end of the online application to identify yourself as a City Year alumnae and to waive the application fee.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.