City Year Los Angeles will be holding a Chili Cook-Off on Wednesday, October 19th from 6:30-8:30pm at the CYLA HQ. With the Autumn months comes an inner-desire for warm home cooked chili! We are inviting all Alumni and Staff to enter their chili into our competition. Judges will be the alumni, staff, and corps members who attend. If you can't make chili, you are still welcome to attend and enjoy!
How to Enter:
- No entrance fee, just bring your chili in a crock pot to keep it warm and a serving spoon/ladle.
- Crock pots with chilican be dropped off at CYLA HQ anytime on Wednesday between 8:30am and 7:00pm.* (The earlier, the better!)
- Drinks,snacks,sample cups, spoons, bowls, napkins,and extension cords will be provided
- Address for the CYLA HQ: 606 S. Olive St., Second Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90014
Judging - Every attendee will receive a ballot that has three voting categories on it, allowing the voter to rank the chili from 1-5 on how traditional and classic it was, how new and different it was, and how good it tasted. At 8:00pm, ballots will be entered into the voting spreadsheet, tallied, and a winner will be crowned for Best Traditional Chili and for Best Original Chili.
Prizes - Oh yes, there will be prizes!
Please Consider -We invite you to bring board games to play, as well as donate to the CYLA Corps Resource Center!
RSVP with Jake Drollinger at (213) 596-5896 or email@example.com letting him know if you:
*We can make special accommodations if you can't stay for the whole event, but would like to leave your chili for judging.
- Plan on attending the event
- Plan to enter your chili into the friendly competition**
- Plan to bring a board game
**You can bring chili without entering the competition as well!