City Year is proud to partner with the Antioch University New England, a leading graduate school founded on the principles of rigorous liberal arts education, innovative experiential learning and socially engaged citizenship, offering a 25% tuition scholarship.
Antioch University New England provides transformative education through scholarship, innovation, and community action for a just and sustainable society; is committed to innovative academic excellence, integrating practice with theory in a collaborative learning environment that is attentive to multiple learning styles; believes in ecological stewardship and social justice, cultivating local as well as global perspectives to educate students with diverse backgrounds and opinions to become leaders of change; and values community engagement: using place-based practices to foster scholarship, activism, and service learning; creating organizational integrity through shared governance.
Benefits offered by Antioch University New England
25% off tuition annually
Estimated range of $2,345-$8,557 per year
Scholarship renewable for up to 2 years
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility & Additional Info
- At least 25% Tuition Scholarship for each year towards any full-time graduate or PhD program (estimated at a minimum range of $2,345-$8,557 per year, depending on the program, renewable each year for a maximum of two years). See full list of eligible programs below.
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Scholarship recipients must meet Antioch University New England Admission Criteria.
A one-year deferral for students admitted to a graduate program who decide to serve additional time with City Year before starting their study with Antioch University New England.
Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards based on the strength of the application.
Eligible full-time graduate and PhD programs:
Department of Applied Psychology
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling with Substance Abuse Addictions Counseling (MA)
- Marriage and Family Therapy (MA)
- Marriage and Family Therapy (PhD)
- Dance/Movement Therapy and Counseling (MA)
Department of Clinical Psychology
Department of Education
Experienced Educators Year Round Programs: Professional Development (MEd), Critical Skills
(MEd), Autism Spectrum Disorders (MEd), and New Hampshire Principal Certification (MEd)
Experienced Educators Summer Programs: Educating for Sustainability (MEd)
Elementary/ Early Childhood Teacher Certification
Elementary Teacher Certification (MEd) - Arts & Humanities
Elementary Teacher Certification (MEd) - Science and Environmental Education
Early Childhood Teacher Certification (MEd) - Arts & Humanities
Early Childhood Teacher Certification (MEd) - Science and Environmental Education
Waldorf Teacher Education
Waldorf Teacher Education Year Round with State Certification (MEd)
Waldorf Teacher Education Year Round (No State Certification) (MEd)
Waldorf Teacher Education Elementary Focus, Summer Sequence (MEd)
Experienced Waldorf Educators, (MEd) Summer Sequence
Department of Environmental Studies
Conservation Biology (MS)
Environmental Education (MS)
Environmental Studies Self-Designed Studies (MS)
Sustainable Development and Climate Change (MS)
Advocacy for Social Justice and Sustainability (MS)
Resource Management and Conservation (Weekend) (MS)
Science Teacher Certification: Life Sciences (grades 7-12) (MS)
Science Teacher Certification: Middle Level Science (grades 5-9) (MS)
Environmental Studies (PhD)
Department of Organization & Management
- Click here to access Antioch University New England's admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: The application deadlines vary by program. Please check the Antioch University New England website for more deadline details.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the Admissions Office (listed below) to get the application fee waived and be considered for scholarship. Please state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.