City Year is proud to partner with Boston University Questrom School of Business, a leading graduate school of business, offering $30,000 in tuition scholarships.
Please join us for an information session on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 from 6:00-8:00pm, either virtually or in person, with a special focus on the Public & Nonprofit MBA. Questrom School of Business is a proud City Year University Partner, awarding three $30,000 scholarships annually to City Year alum and staff members enrolled in the two-year Public & Nonprofit MBA. Click here to register to attend in person or here to register to stream the session virtually.
Boston University Questrom School of Business prepares innovative and ethical leaders who understand the impact of business on society and create value for the world. Our students comprehend organizational systems, the vital role of leadership, and the forces transforming the global economy. We generate scholarly knowledge and insights that advance management practice through our research, teaching, and community engagement.
The Public & Nonprofit MBA, founded in 1975, is designed for students who seek to use core business management skills to address society's most challenging humanitarian and social problems in the global economy. Whether you plan to work in the government, nonprofit, or private sector, this course of study will prepare you with the financial, operational, leadership, and entrepreneurial skills to lead and manage in today's changing environment.
Benefits offered by Boston University School of Management
||Minimum of $30,000
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver*
*Application fee waiver for all Masters Programs, including applicants to the Professional Evening MBA. To receive this fee waiver, applicants should follow the instructions as outlined on the Boston University Questrom School of Business website
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members or alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Scholarship applicable to the Two-Year Public & Nonprofit MBA
- A minimum $30,000 LEAD Scholarship toward the Two-Year Public & Nonprofit MBA. For full-time students, the minimum award amount will be $15,000 per year and renewable for a second year.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based funding depending on the strength of their application
- Applicants must be successful in gaining admission to the Boston University Questrom School of Business.
- Enrolled students must meet the terms as noted in the Boston University Questrom School of Business Scholarship Terms and Acceptance, found in their admission packet.
- A one-year enrollment deferral is offered for students admitted to the Public & Nonprofit MBA Program who decide to serve with City Year before starting their study. If a deferment is needed, the corps member or alum should contact the Boston University Questrom School of Business regarding the process for deferment.
- Click here to access Boston University School of Management's admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please check the Boston University School of Management's website for more deadline details.
- Application Fee Waiver: Please review the instructions on receiving the application fee waiver here.
To Contact the Admissions Office
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact Boston University Questrom School of Business's Admissions Office (listed below) to get the application fee waived and be considered for scholarships listed above. Please also self-identify on your resume and/or essay.
- Contact Maya Howe, Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 617-353-2670.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. AmeriCorps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.