City Year is proud to partner with The Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M University,
one of the leading public and international affairs
graduate schools in the nation, offering a $5,000 or more tuition scholarship for their residential programs.
The Bush School seeks students who are
driven by a higher calling into
service and desire a challenging program
and interactive opportunities. Students are
typically involved in their communities
and on their campuses, exemplifying leadership and service components
that the School will enhance. With graduate masters' degrees in Public Service
and Administration (MPSA) and
in International Affairs (MIA), The
Bush School prepares
students for careers in the public and nonprofit sectors and in
governmental–focused activities in the private sector. They
enhance course studies through collaborative assignments,
study abroad and networking opportunities, leadership
and writing programs, speakers, professional
internships, and capstone projects with
Benefits offered by The Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M University
||A minimum of $5,000 tuition scholarship for the residential MPSA or MIA (not the online options)
> Scholarships renewable at the same rate in year two
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
||Yes for the MPSA program
Eligibility and Additional Information
- $5,000 or more per year Tuition Scholarship for the residential MPSA or MIA degrees. The award for The Bush School will be equal to at least a $5,000 tuition scholarship for all admitted City Year corps, alumni or staff members in their first year. Applicants will be considered for higher merit-based aid depending on the strength of the application.
- Out-of-state students will received a non-resident tuition waiver that qualifies them for Texas resident rates, saving approximately $9,500 a year.
- The residential MPSA and MIA cost under $11,500 per year in tuition/fees at resident rates.
- Scholarships are renewable at the same rate in their subsequent year of the program; so the minimum award is actually a $10,000 scholarship over two-years for Texas residents (and higher savings for non-residents due to the non-resident tuition waiver).
- Scholarships awarded to City Year alumni for at least
one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two
- Application fee waiver.
- A one-year deferral for MPSA students who are admitted to the program and
decide to serve with City Year before starting with The Bush School
To Identify Your City Year Affiliation
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "Texas A&M Bush School" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Office of Admission
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.