City Year is proud to partner with Case Western Reserve University’s Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, one of the oldest and most prestigious schools of social work in America, offering $15,000 annual tuition scholarships.
The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences at Case Western Reserve University was founded in 1915 by and for the Greater Cleveland community in the belief that a university-based school of social work would transform the work of people and organizations to achieve to their full potential. As the #9 ranked social work school in the United States, the Mandel School is at the forefront of educating future leaders in social work and nonprofit management. Their mission is to promote social justice and empower communities. Their research is shaping public policy, informing social change, and transforming lives. Their students are talented, compassionate, diverse people who are educated and mentored by world-renowned professors and taught in a rigorous, groundbreaking curriculum that will prepare them to change the world.
|Scholarship Amount for MSSA (Social Work) program
||$30,000 ($15,000/year for two years)
|Scholarship Amount for MNO (nonprofit management) program
|$15,000 (1 year program)
|Application Fee Waiver
||There is no application fee to apply
Eligibility and Additional Information
- $30,000 scholarship towards the Master of Science in Social Administration (MSSA) program, equivalent to an MSW. Qualifying applicants will receive a scholarship award equal to $30,000 ($15,000 per year for two years). Up to ten (10) recipients per year may be selected across the MSSA and MNO programs.
- $15,000 scholarship towards the Master of Nonprofit Organizations (MNO) program. Qualifying applicants will receive a scholarship award equal to $15,000 towards the one year Master in Nonprofit Organizations program. Up to ten (10) recipients per year may be selected across the MSSA and MNO programs.
- The scholarship may be renewed each semester for the full duration of the award terms provided that the student remains in good academic standing.
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Accepted applicants may defer enrollment up to one year if they decide to serve additional time with City Year.
- City Year Alumni will receive special consideration for all Mandel School scholarship support, ranging from partial-tuition scholarships listed above to the full-tuition Leadership Fellows Program.
- Click here to access the Mandel School’s admissions website and apply online.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the Admissions Office and state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership. Please select that you are affiliated with City Year on our application. You will be asked about your service corps affiliation under the Experience and Additional Information Section of the application.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "Case Western Reserve University Mandel School" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to the Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Office of Admission at the Mandel School
- Please call Richard Sigg at 216.368.3862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.