City Year is proud to partner with Claremont Graduate University, the only comprehensive university in the nation dedicated entirely to graduate-level education, offering 25% tuition scholarships.
Eligible Claremont Graduate University schools and programs
- The Peter F. Drucker & Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management (The Drucker School), a leading graduate school focused on ethical management and values-based leadership education.
- The School of Educational Studies, which is dedicated to transforming the lives of learners at all educational levels through its commitment to social justice and accountability.
- The School of Social Science, Policy & Evaluation, which has a long standing tradition of academic excellence and integrating the disciplines of social sciences, economics, politics, and policy.
- The School of Community & Global Health, which provides a dynamic and progressive place for students to advance their careers through graduate study in public health.
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences at Claremont Graduate University, a leading institution focused on developing new generations of mathematical scientists for positions in education, industry, and government laboratories.
- Center for Information Systems and Technology at Claremont Graduate University, which prepares outstanding professionals and educators to assume leadership positions within the field of Information Systems and Technology
Benefits offered by Claremont Graduate University
| Scholarship Amount
|| 25% off tuition (see below)
| Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|| All admitted
| One-year deferral to admitted City Year participants
| Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility & Additional Info
- The award to eligible City Year participants will be a 25% tuition scholarship applied toward the cost of tuition per year, for up to 16 units per semester, and will be renewable each year based on academic standing, for up to 5 years.
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards depending on the strength of the application.
- Click here to access Claremont Graduate University's admissions website and apply online.
- Please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the application fee waived and to identify yourself as a City Year member.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.