City Year is proud to partner with Claremont Lincoln University, an online graduate university with innovative degrees for creating positive social change, offering 50% annual tuition scholarships.
Claremont Lincoln University is an accredited graduate university offering 3 unique Master of Arts degrees in Ethical Leadership, Social Impact and Interfaith Action. With an affordable tuition, 15 months to completion, flexible online coursework, and opportunities for face-to-face collaboration, Claremont Lincoln University is educating the next generation of leaders with the engagement skills needed to create positive social change.
All of our students complete our Claremont Core® advanced courses in which change-makers develop awareness in self and others (Mindfulness), using Dialogue and Collaboration across differences, and utilize effective strategies for organizational and community transformation (Change). The Core sequence culminates in the Capstone Action Project (CAP) in which you can design, implement and evaluate a project that meets your needs, either individually or collaboratively with classmates (even across degree programs). When you complete the Claremont Core, you will have the advanced knowledge, skills and outlook to be a more effective change-maker.
Other Optional Additions:
Benefits offered by Claremont Lincoln University
||50% annual tuition scholarship
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility and Additional Information
- 50% Tuition Scholarship. The scholarship award 50% of tuition, for up to five (5) recipients per year.
- The scholarship may be renewed in subsequent years provided recipients maintain continuous registration and remain in good academic standing, according to Claremont Lincoln University standards.
- Scholarships awarded to City Year AmeriCorps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Claremont Lincoln University will allow deferrals up to one year if accepted applicants decide to serve additional time with City Year.
- Scholarships described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for additional merit-based aid based on the academic strength of the application.
Eligible Master’s Programs
- Click here to access Claremont Lincoln University's admissions website and apply online.
- To identify your City Year affiliation:
- Please contact the Admissions Office and state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership.
- To access the Application Fee Waiver and Apply for the Scholarship:
- Request City Year service verification: Please email the City Year Alumni & Career Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Claremont Lincoln University: City Year verification letter request" in the subject link and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent directly to the Claremont Lincoln University Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please call 909-667-4485 or email email@example.com.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.