City Year is proud to partner with Teachers College, Columbia University, the oldest, largest, and most comprehensive graduate school of education in
the United States, offering 25% annual tuition scholarships.
Teachers College, Columbia University is perennially ranked among the nation’s best
graduate schools of education in the country. Its name notwithstanding, the
College is committed to a vision of education writ large, encompassing health,
education, and psychology.
Teachers College sees its
leadership role in two complementary arenas: One is in policy-research to
ensure that schools are reformed and restructured to welcome all students regardless
of their socio-economic circumstances. The other is in preparing educators who
not only serve students directly but coordinate the educational, psychological,
behavioral, technological, and health initiatives to remove barriers to
learning at all ages.
Benefits offered by Teachers College
||25% annual tuition scholarship
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility and Additional Information
- 25% Tuition Scholarship. The scholarship award will be 25% of tuition, for up to three
(3) recipients per year.
- The scholarship may be
renewed in subsequent years provided recipients maintain continuous
registration and remain in good academic standing, according to Teacher College
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least
one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two
- Space permitting, Teachers College will allow deferrals up to one year
if accepted applicants decide to serve additional time with City Year.
- Scholarships described
above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for
additional merit-based aid based on the academic strength of the application.
Eligible Programs: www.tc.columbia.edu/admissions
Click here to access Teachers College’s admissions website and
apply online. Please be sure to follow all instructions listed below.
To identify and verify your City Year affiliation
- To get the application fee waived, applicants must select the "City Year' option located in the Employment Section of the application. The question reads: "Are you an alumni or currently participating with one of the following:".
- The Office of Financial Aid will contact City Year applicants to Teachers College when the City Year Scholarship application is available.
To Contact the Office of Admission
National Service Scholars______________________________
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.