City Year is proud to partner with the Sanford School of Public Policy at Duke University, offering up to $14,000 in tuition scholarships.
The Sanford School of Public Policy is ranked among the top ten policy analysis programs in the United States. Established in 1971 as the Institute of Policy Sciences and Public Affairs, the Sanford School of Public Policy offers selective master’s degrees programs in public policy (MPP) and international development policy (MIDP), and a PhD program. MPP candidates also may earn dual professional degrees in law, business, medicine or environmental policy.
Benefits offered by Sanford School of Public Policy
- $14,000 annual scholarship
- $12,000 fellowship
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
*Students in the MPP program receive $14,000 per year for up to two years. Dual degree students will receive a single $12,000 tuition fellowship in their first year of study
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards depending on the strength of the application.
- Click here to access the Sanford School of Public Policy's admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please visit the Sanford School of Public Policy website for deadline details.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the Sanford School Admission Office (below) to be considered for scholarships listed above.
To Contact the Admissions Office
give a year Scholars______________________________
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.