City Year is proud to partner with Eastern University, a Christian university recognized for its academic excellence and ranked in the top tier of North Regional Universities in the America's Best Colleges in U.S. News and World Report, offering $14,000 tuition scholarship per year, totaling $56,000.
Eastern University is a Christian university of the arts and sciences dedicated through teaching, scholarship, service, spiritual formation, student development and societal involvement to the preparation of undergraduate, graduate and Seminary students for thoughtful and productive lives of Christian faith and service. Eastern was named to the Templeton Honor Roll of Character-building Colleges and the Honor Roll of Exemplary First-year Programs. Eastern has an interdenominational Christian student body and is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches USA.
Benefits offered by Eastern University's College of Arts & Sciences
||$14,000 tuition scholarship per year, totaling $56,000
|Number of Scholarship Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
||One-year deferral for students who decide to serve with City Year before starting their study with Eastern University
Eastern University also offers a City Year Alumni University Partner tuition grant for those interested in taking graduate and professional studies coursework through our Campolo College of Graduate and Professional Studies. Information on this grant is available here.
- $14,000 tuition scholarship per year, totaling $56,000, for all admitted to traditional undergraduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Scholarships awarded annually to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- All recipients must meet the Eastern University admission criteria. Students must be admitted and enrolled in one of the EU College of Arts & Sciences programs according to the University’s standard admissions process and requirements.
- Program participants may apply for all legitimate forms of governmental and non-governmental aid for which they qualify.
- Click here to access Eastern University's admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Applications for admission are reviewed on a rolling basis, so, the sooner you apply, the sooner you’ll get a decision. Please contact the Admissions Office (below) with any questions.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact Michael T. Dziedziak, Director of Admissions at 610-341-1376 or firstname.lastname@example.org to identify yourself as a City Year applicant. City Year applicants can identify themselves through a checkbox on the online application.
- City Year Verification Process: To verify your City Year affiliation and be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must follow the process outlined below:
- A service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "Voucher Request for Eastern University CAS” in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
- The tuition scholarship will not be issued to any applicant until ALL admission requirements are met and materials submitted to CAS admissions (by the deadline) and an admission decision rendered.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.