City Year is proud to partner with Emmanuel College Graduate and Professional Programs, which offers academic degrees and certificates for working professionals who seek to advance their careers in Education and Management, offering upwards of $6,200 in tuition scholarships.
Emmanuel College is a coed institution rooted in the Catholic academic tradition with over 2300 undergraduate and graduate students from 24 countries and 32 states. The main campus sits on 17 acres in the Longwood Medical and Academic area of Boston, MA.
The Graduate & Professional Programs are fully-accredited degree and certificate programs designed for working professionals. Emmanuel College has a unique mission of service to the community. Emmanuel celebrates the diverse populations of students in its Graduate and Professional Programs, and seeks to serve the educational needs of working professionals and make a contribution to the community. Emmanuel is the college of choice in the Fenway for nurses, educators, research administrators, human resources professionals and those who work in leadership roles at dynamic institutions.
Of particular interest to City Year corps members and alumni is Emmanuel's Master of Arts in Teaching program. The M.A.T. is designed to meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education for an initial teaching license at the elementary level (grades 1-6) or secondary level (grades 5-8 or grades 8-12).
Benefits offered by Emmanuel College of Graduate & Professional Programs
Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
Application Fee Waiver
*City Year Scholarship - 10% tuition discount on Emmanuel College Graduate and Professional Programs tuition. This can be applied to all online and classroom formats. This scholarship is equivalent to approximately $2,400 over a 36-credit Master’s program at current tuition rates.
Emmanuel College Year of Service Scholarship - Awarded annually. This scholarship covers the full tuition costs of the last six credits of a graduate degree program in Management or Education. This scholarship is equivalent to $3,990 at current tuition rates. Recipients will receive over $6,200 in total scholarship over a 36-credit Master’s program at current tuition rates.
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni who have completed at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Click here to access Emmanuel College of Graduate & Professional Programs' admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please visit the Emmanuel College of Graduate & Professional Programs website for deadline details.
- To identify your City Year affiliation:
- To get the application fee waived and be eligible for the give a year scholarship, please contact Emmanuel College’s Graduate and Professional Programs Office (contact information below).
- Service Verification Letter: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "Emmanuel: City Year verification letter request" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
- Call 1-800-331-3227 (toll free in the US) or 617-507-0434, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.