City Year is proud to partner with The Florida State University College of Social Work, one
of the nation’s leading institutions
for social work education, offering 9 graduate credit hours tuition waiver.
Established in 1928, The Florida State University College of Social Work
(CSW) maintains a long and distinguished history of educating the best and
brightest minds in preparation for successful careers in a variety of
fields. In addition to administering a
rigorous curriculum, CSW prepares students for life after college through an
extensive field education program, which provides on-the-job training and
experience at countless locations across the globe. As the College continues to
evolve and expand, we remain steadfast in our commitment to producing
well-rounded graduates uniquely qualified to make a difference in the world.
Will you be among them?
Benefits offered by The Florida State University College of Social Work
graduate credit hours per academic semester
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
but fee will be added to stipend if student accepts and enrolls
Eligibility and Additional Information
- 9 graduate credit hours tuition waiver. The scholarship
award will be 9 graduate credit hours, for up to two (2) recipients per
year. Note: Most students take 12-15 credit hours per semester. City Year give a year scholars will
receive a tuition waiver for 9 of these credits and are responsible for
tuition payments for the additional credit hours.
- The 9 credit hours tuition waiver is renewable
for up to six semesters including summer semesters.
- Tuition waivers awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at
least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two
- The application fee must be paid when applying. However, the cost of the
application, contingent on acceptance and enrollment, will be added to the
total stipend received as part of their graduate assistantship. Graduate
assistants are hired in order to support faculty research and program
- A one-year deferral for students who are admitted to the program and
decide to serve with City Year before starting their study with FSU College of
Graduate assistantships are awarded only to full-time Master’s degrees
students on Florida State University’s main campus in Tallahassee, Florida.
here to access FSU’s College
of Social Work graduate admissions website and apply online.
To identify your City Year affiliation: If available, please
check the City Year box on the online application. Otherwise, please
the Admissions Office and state that you served with City Year and reference
our partnership. Interested applicants must notify the MSW
Program Director of their interest in applying to the program. The fee waiver process begins from the MSW
Program office (http://csw.fsu.edu/academics/master-of-social-work/msw-overview/).
- Service Verification Letter: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "FSU CSW: City Year verification letter request" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Office of Admission
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.