City Year is proud to partner with the Green Dot Public Schools so our alumni can continue to lead on transformational change on pressing social problems. This partnership reflects the shared visions and values of both organizations, and their belief that young people can keep students on track to graduate from high school and pursue post-secondary education. City Year strengthens an applicant’s competitiveness and chances for being selected for the Adelante Credentialing Program.
Green Dot Public Schools is a non-profit network of public charter schools, free and open to all, with a mission to help transform public education so that ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life. Purposefully locating its schools in historically underserved communities lacking in high-quality educational opportunities, Green Dot seeks to close pernicious discrepancies in access and opportunity between low-income students and their more affluent peers.
The Adelante Credentialing Program, through Green Dot, is a single subject teacher credentialing program which allows cohort members to earn a credential while teaching. In partnership with Loyola Marymount University, the Adelante Program offers coursework that directly aligns with our schools, students, and daily work.
The City Year experience is a strong indicator of future success at Green Dot Public Schools and serving a year with City Year strengthens an applicant’s application and chances for being selected as an intern teacher. Click Here to learn more about the Adelante Credentialing Program experience.
Benefits offered by the Adelante Credentialing Program:
- Earn a credential from Loyola Marymount University while teaching full time at Green Dot Public Schools
- Enroll in coursework that directly aligns with your classroom
- 30% tuition reduction for the credential and master’s
- Optional Master’s Degree program in second year
- Strong network of support at school site from administrators, mentor teachers, and coaches
- Click here to access Green Dot’s Adelante Program job description and apply online.
- Start Dates for the Adelante Credentialing Program are June/July 2017
- City Year corps members and alumni are guaranteed an interview and informational meeting with a recruiter.
- Please indicate that you are affiliated with City Year by writing this in the “Where heard?” section of the
- You can reach out to Valerie Green at email@example.com for more information
To Contact the program:
Please email Valerie Green, Human Capital Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213-905-2976.