City Year is proud to partner with Illinois Institute of Technology, a leading undergraduate institution focused on engineering, technology, business, psychology and architecture, offering an annual $15,000 tuition scholarship plus a $2,500 Housing Scholarship.
Illinois Institute of Technology is a national, technological, Ph.D.-granting research university, with world-renowned programs in engineering, architecture, the sciences, humanities, psychology, business, law, and design. With five campuses throughout the Chicago area and alumni around the world, IIT pairs the educational and cultural experiences of America's Second City with the small feel of an undergraduate population of just over 2,300 and total population of just over 7,400.
Benefits offered by the Illinois Institute of Technology
||$15,000 per year
|Housing Scholarship Amount (for students who live in on-campus residence halls)
||$2,500 per year
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Scholarship applicable towards a full-time undergraduate (BS) program
- Those who elect to reside at one of the IIT's on-campus residence halls are also eligible for a $2,500 Housing Scholarship.
- A one-year deferral is offered for students admitted to a undergraduate program who decide to serve with City Year before beginning their undergraduate study towards BS.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based and need-based (upon completion of FAFSA) awards depending on the strength of the application.
- Click here to access Illinois Institute of Technology''s admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please check the Illinois Institue of Technology's website for deadline details.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission (below) to get the application fee waived. Please state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership. You can also self-identify on your resume or essay.
To Contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.