City Year is proud to partner with The College of Education, Health and Human Services (EHHS) at Kent State University to offer 25% tuition scholarships towards 22 undergraduate programs or 24 graduate areas of study.
Kent State University provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse Ohio university. Today, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development locally and internationally as one of the premiere Ohio universities. Our university ranked among the nation’s 77 public research universities demonstrating high-research activity by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The College of EHHS offers 25 undergraduate degrees, 24 master’s degrees and 13 doctoral degrees. Our graduates go on to serve as leaders in a wide variety of fields, ranging from education, counseling, health care, and hospitality to recreation and sports. The College has more than 57,000 alumni and is one of Kent State’s largest colleges with more than 4,500 undergraduates and 2,000 graduate students.
Benefits offered by The College of Education, Health, and Human Services at Kent State University
||25% off tuition
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
||up to 2*
|Application Fee Waiver
fee will be added to individual Bursar’s account upon enrollment
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Each initial award will be in the amount equal to 25% of tuition.
- Each initial award may be renewable for one additional one-year period if the recipient maintains a 2.5 GPA at the end of each academic year.
- Both in-state and out-of-state students accepted to an undergraduate or graduate program within the College of Education, Health, and Human Services will be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- An out-of-state student selected as a give a year scholar will be eligible to receive a scholarship equal to 25% off out-of-state tuition.
- Scholarships will be award to City Year corps members or alumni who have successfully completed at least one year of service with City Year.
scholarships described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will
be considered for additional merit-based aid based on the strength of the
- Applications are made available each year until May 30th for eligible students. Contact the Office of Diversity Outreach & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. For more information, call 330-672-2537
To identify and verify your City Year affiliation
- Please contact EHHS Diversity Outreach to be considered for the scholarship. Please state that you serve(d) with City Year and reference our partnership.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "EHHS at Kent State" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.