City Year is proud to partner with the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, part of the Middlebury family of schools and programs, providing professional graduate programs with an international focus and offering a minimum of 30% annual tuition scholarships to City Year corps, alumni, and staff.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey is a small, private graduate school located in Monterey, California. The Institute's master's degree programs will prepare you to grapple with and find solutions for tomorrow's global challenges, from protecting our environment for the next generation, to promoting sustainable development, building social enterprises, advancing peace and security, and bridging cross-cultural understanding.
Benefits offered by Middlebury Institute of International Studies
|| 30% off tuition
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
|| Yes, go.miis.edu/CYwaiver
deferral for extended City Year service
Eligibility and Additional Information
- 30% Tuition Scholarship guaranteed. The scholarship award for Middlebury Institute of International Studies will be a minimum of 30% of tuition for up and unlimited number of City Year corps members, alumni or staff members per year.
- To access the application fee waiver, visit go.miis.edu/CYwaiver
- Scholarships renewable for a maximum of three years.
- Scholarships awarded to City Year alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- A one-year deferral for admitted students who decide to serve with City Year for additional time before starting with Middlebury Institute of International Studies.
- Applicants may be considered for additional merit-based awards depending on the strength of the application.
Eligible Master’s Programs
o International Policy and Development
o Master of Public Administration (MPA)
o International Trade and Economic Diplomacy
o International Environmental Policy
o MBA in Global Impact Management
o Nonproliferation & Terrorism Studies
o International Education Management
o Translation & Interpretation
o Conference Interpretation
o Translation & Localization Management
o Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
o Teaching a Foreign Language (TEFL)
o Peace Corps Programs
o BA/master’s Joint Degree Programs
Submit your online application and supporting materials to go.miis.edu/apply.
- For application details, please visit the City Year page on the Middlebury Institute of International Studies website at go.miis.edu/cityyear.
- City Year verification: To qualify for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "Middlebury Institute: service verification letter" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be electronically sent to the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and added to applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
460 Pierce Street
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone: 831.647.4166 or 1.800.824.7235 (toll-free within the U.S.)
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.