City Year is proud to partner with the Northeastern University School of Law, offering 25% annual tuition scholarships to City Year AmeriCorps members, alumni, or staff.
"Experiential" and "collaborative" are today's hot topics in legal education. But at Northeastern University School of Law in Boston, we developed our practical learning education model way back in 1968. Central to our curriculum is the Cooperative Legal Education Program, which allows students to graduate with nearly a year of legal work experience on their résumés. Combining classroom theory and rigorous academics with training in the field, Northeastern students receive their JD degrees in the same three year period as students at other schools, but graduate with at least 1,500 hours of full-time work experience. In fact, Northeastern was recently ranked the #1 law school for practical training by the National Jurist. We walk the walk in terms of collaboration, too. The school cultivates a culture of cooperation, inclusion and mutual respect. Our diverse and talented students, graduates and faculty understand what it is lawyers do, how they should do it and the difference they can make in the lives of others. Consistently recognized as one of the best public interest programs in the nation, the school's deep commitment to social justice extends through the curriculum, co-op program, clinics, institutes and student groups. Whatever their areas of legal interest, Northeastern students graduate with a thorough grounding in theory, practical knowledge gained through real-world experiences and résumés that stand out from the crowd.
Learn more about our JD Program
Benefits offered by Northeastern University School of Law
||25% annual tuition scholarship (minimum)
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for additional merit-based aid based on academic strength.
- 25% tuition scholarship. The scholarship award will be 25% of tuition, for a minimum of 2 eligible applicants per year. Scholarship recipients must meet Northeastern’s admission standards.
- The scholarship may be renewed in subsequent years provided recipients maintain continuous registration and remain in good academic standing, according to Northeastern’s standards.
- Scholarships may be awarded to City Year AmeriCorps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Northeastern will allow deferrals up to one year if accepted applicants decide to serve additional time with City Year.
How to Apply
- Click here to access Northeastern's admissions website and apply online.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please check the City Year box on the online application and submit documentation verifying your service with City Year to the admissions office.
- To Access the Application Fee Waiver and Apply for the Scholarship:
- Request City Year service verification: Please email the City Year Alumni & Career Services Department at email@example.com with "Northeastern University School of Law: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent directly to Northeastern’s Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
- To receive an application fee waiver, simply email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. AmeriCorps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.