City Year is proud to partner with Our Lady of the Lake University, a leading private, Catholic university focused on preparing students for lives of leadership, service, and collaboration in a pluralistic society, offering 25% Tuition Scholarships at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
NOTE: This partnership is currently under review and the benefits/scholarship opportunities highlighted below may not be available for Fall 2016.
Our Lady of the Lake offers nationally recognized graduate programs designed to meet the career goals of the working professional with scheduling options that allow for a balance of work, study and family time. Most classes are offered in the evenings and some are offered exclusively through their Weekend College or Online Programs. OLLU offers Master's degree programs in Business, Communication and Learning Disorders, Education, English, Human Sciences, Information Systems and Security, Leadership Studies, Nonprofit Management, Psychology, Special Education and Social Work.
Benefits offered by Our Lady of the Lake University
||25% Tuition Scholarship per year, up to 2 years
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
*Three total scholarships will be awarded each year with flexibility to allocate these scholarship slots between undergraduate and graduate programs. Click here for more information about the give a year Partnership with OLLU at the undergraduate level.
Eligibility & Additional Info
- City Year corps members, alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Admitted students will be permitted to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
- For information about graduate programs at Our Lady of the Lake University and the application process, please click here.
- Deadline: Application deadlines vary by program, click here to check the deadline for specific programs.
- To get the application fee waived and to identify yourself as a City Year applicant, please contact Our Lady of the Lake's Admissions Office. Please state that you served/are serving with City Year and reference our partnership. Please also self-identify on your resume and/or personal statement.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "OLLU Grad" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. There may be a supplementary application process for scholarship awards. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.
- Call 210-434-6711(ext.2314) or 800-436-6558 (toll free in the US), or email email@example.com