City Year is proud to partner with Our Lady of the Lake University, a leading private, Catholic university focused on preparing students for lives of leadership, service, and collaboration in a pluralistic society, offering 25% Tuition Scholarships at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
NOTE: This partnership is currently under review and the benefits/scholarship opportunities highlighted below may not be available for Fall 2016.
Our Lady of the Lake is a person-centered learning community. With more than 2,750 women and men in its student body, OLLU offers a person-centered learning community and takes particular pride in the continuance of its heritage of providing access for women, first-generation college students, Hispanic and non-traditional students, and seeks to be attentive to them in its programs and services. In that spirit, in addition to the ordinary academic predictors of success, OLLU may consider in its admission process such elements as leadership, high motivation, intellectual curiosity, educational creativity and humanitarian involvement. OLLU assists its students in persisting through graduation to find meaningful careers and to develop competencies for success in life.
Benefits offered by Our Lady of the Lake University
||25% Tuition Scholarship per year, up to four years
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
*Three total scholarships will be awarded each year with flexibility to allocate these scholarship slots between undergraduate and graduate programs. Click here for more information about the give a year Partnership with OLLU at the undergraduate level.
Eligibility & Additional Info
- City Year corps members, alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Admitted students will be permitted to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
- For information about undergraduate programs at Our Lady of the Lake University and the application process, please click here.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact Our Lady of the Lake's Admissions Office to identify yourself as a City Year applicant and get the application fee waived. Please state that you served/are serving with City Year and reference our partnership. Please also self-identify on your resume and/or personal statement.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with " OLLU Undergrad: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
- Call (210) 434-6711 (ext. 2314) for local or 1-800-436-OLLU (6558) for out of town, or email email@example.com
City Year National Service Scholars
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. There may be a supplementary application process for scholarship awards. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.