City Year is proud to partner with Oklahoma State University (OSU) Graduate College, offering up to twenty (20) tuition waivers to admitted City Year participants towards any residential master’s or doctoral graduate degree program. This partnership highlights the visions and values of both organizations integrating the power of knowledge and service in addressing social challenges.
Oklahoma State University is a public, doctoral, research, land-grant institution with more than 5,000 graduate students in Stillwater and Tulsa in 70 doctoral and 140 master’s degree programs. The OSU Graduate College facilitates the success graduate students, while ensuring the quality and integrity of graduate degrees. Offering $25 Million graduate assistantships and $18 Million in graduate tuition waivers, the Graduate College prepares the diverse, creative, intellectual leaders, who will contribute positively to our global educational, cultural, economic and social environments.
Graduate Degree Programs include:
- Industrial Engineering and Management (MS, PhD); Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS, PhD); Engineering and Technology Management (MS)
- Teaching, Learning and Leadership (MS)
- Counseling - School Counseling option (MS)
- Click here to view a complete list of Master’s and Doctoral degree programs
Benefits offered by Oklahoma State University Graduate College
|| Tuition waivers with and without assistantship (residential and nonresidential)
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
||Up to 20 per year
|Application Fee Waiver
||Yes, see instructions below
||One-year deferral (if agreeable by graduate program)
Eligibility & Additional Info
* Tuition waivers of non-resident and resident tuition (applicable fees apply). The tuition waiver is for the number of credit hours required by the graduate program to earn the degree that the applicant is admitted to. Up to twenty (20) admitted City Year corps members, alumni or staff per year are eligible to receive the tuition waiver and be recognized as City Year National Service Scholars (CYNSS). Eligible programs under this partnership include any residential master’s or doctoral graduate degree program. Applications to the aforementioned engineering and education programs will be given scholarship priority. For optimal consideration, early applications are strongly encouraged. Note: All students admitted to the City Year National Service Scholars program are responsible for paying fees. To estimate fees, please click here.
* Tuition waivers are competitive and not guaranteed to all admitted City Year corps, alumni and staff.
* Tuition waivers are awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
* The OSU Graduate College will waive the application fee for the first degree-seeking application for all City Year corps members, staff and alumni.
* Renewal of the OSU City Year National Service Scholars fellowship and tuition waiver benefit is contingent upon satisfactory progress each term. Note, fees are not included.
* OSU Graduate College will permit admitted students to defer enrollment by one year if agreeable to the OSU graduate degree program and if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
* Additional benefits for City Year National Service Scholars: Named fellowship for resume/CV, access to competitive research and professional development funding and social activities with fellow City Year alumni and McNair Graduate Fellows.
* The tuition waiver described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for additional merit-based aid, such as graduate teaching or research assistantships, based on the strength of the application.
How to Apply
- CLICK HERE to access OSU Graduate College admissions website and apply online.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact our admissions recruiting coordinator at email@example.com and indicate in your email that you served with City Year and reference our partnership. We will provide you with City Year specific information on programs and help with completing your application. You will be offered an application fee waiver when you complete your application. To request the application fee waiver, you will need to upload a copy of the service verification letter requested from firstname.lastname@example.org (see below) to your application.
- City Year verification: A verification letter must be submitted to get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship.
- Step 1: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "OSU Grad Programs" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be emailed to you by City Year Alumni & Career Services Dept.
- Step 2: Once you have received your letter of program completion, email this letter as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an application fee waiver. Upon confirmation of your eligibility, you will be emailed an application fee waiver code and instructions for using it.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.