City Year is proud to partner with the Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology, an innovative learning community where faculty, staff, and students of diverse cultures and perspectives work collaboratively to foster academic excellence, social purpose, meaningful service, and personal fulfillment; offering a 25% tuition scholarship.
**This partnership is currently under review and changes to the level of scholarship offered to City Year Americorps members, alumni and staff will be occurring. Please check back here in the coming weeks for an update on this partnership.
The Graduate School of Education and Psychology at Pepperdine University has a range of both master's level and doctoral level degrees in Education and Psychology. The Education Division offers master's degrees in teaching, administration, and social entrepreneurship, as well as three distinct doctoral degrees. Most programs are blended online programs. The Psychology Division offers a Master's in Psychology, a Master's in Clinical Psychology (MFT), an MFT specializing in the Latina/o community and a Master’s in Behavioral Psychology to qualify to work with Autism spectrum children and adults, as well as a doctoral degree in Clinical Psych. For a truly transformational education experience, consider joining the Pepperdine family and leading a life of purpose, service and leadership.
Benefits offered by the Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
- Scholarships awarded to City Year alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- A one-year deferral for students admitted to a graduate program who decide to serve with City Year before starting their study with Pepperdine Graduate School of Education and Psychology.
- The scholarships described above represent the minimum awards. Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards depending on the strength of the application.
- Click here to access the Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology's admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Application deadlines vary by program. Most programs accept applications on a rolling basis and encourage applicants to apply well in advance of the posted deadlines.
- To identify & verify your City Year affiliation:
- Please contact the Admissions Office (below) to get the application fee waived and be considered for the scholarship described above. Please state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "Pepperdine GSEP" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to university's Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
- Call (800) 888-4849 or (310) 568-5777
- Please state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership.
City Year National Service Scholars
|Sara Krasner ’11
MA Clinical Psychology Candidate, Pepperdine Graduate School of Education and Psychology
Read Sara's Full Profile
Get in touch with Sara
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.