City Year is proud to partner with SAGA Innovations so our alumni can continue to lead on transformational change on pressing social problems. This partnership reflects the shared visions and values of both organizations, and their belief that young people can keep students on track to graduate from high school and pursue post-secondary education. City Year strengthens an applicant’s competitiveness and chances for being selected for the SAGA Fellows program.
SAGA Innovations is an education-focused nonprofit that drives the expansion of the nationally recognized innovation of high-dosage, intensive daily tutoring, where tutoring is a part of the regular school day for students as a scheduled class period. Each year, we hire a cohort of SAGA Fellows to commit 10 months of service to students in Chicago and New York City public schools.
SAGA Fellows work closely with the school administration, teachers and parents to help students grow and find academic success. Daily, consistent tutoring sessions give SAGA Fellows the ability to form close relationships with their students and learn their strengths and needs. They are not just tutors but mentors and advocates who give students what they need to be successful in High School and beyond. We are interested in City Year alumni because of your dedication to service and experience finding ways to support teachers and administration and drive student growth. As a SAGA Fellow, you will have the ability to expand on the work you've started as a City Year corps member, working with a smaller caseload of students and running your own tutorials every day. SAGA Fellows are given full autonomy to find instructional techniques that work for each of their students and are encouraged to bring creativity
The City Year experience is a strong indicator of future success at SAGA Innovations and serving a year with City Year strengthens an applicant’s application and chances for being selected as a SAGA Fellow. Click Here to learn more about the fellow experience.
Benefits offered to SAGA Fellows
- Daily coaching and feedback from an experienced site leader
- A competitive living stipend
- Health and dental benefits
- Continued post-service professional development
- Click here to access SAGA Innovations admissions website and apply online.
- The SAGA Fellowship starts in mid-to-late-August, please compare start date to your corps graduation date to limit conflicts.
- To identify your City Year affiliation within the application, please select "Partner Organization" as your Gneral Source and "City Year" as the organization. City Year AmeriCorps members and alumni should also highlight their City Year experience on their resume as part of application materials.
- Please feel free to contact Ashlie Tyler, National Director of Recruitment, at email@example.com should you have any questions about this process or the fellowship in general.
To contact SAGA Innovations' National Director of Recruitment:
Please note that all admissions decisions are made by SAGA Innovations. AmeriCorps members and alumni interested in applying must complete the full application process.