City Year is proud to partner with the SIT Graduate Institute, a leading graduate school focused on preparing students to be interculturally effective leaders, professionals, and citizens, by offering a 25% tuition scholarship.
SIT Graduate Institute offers internationally focused master's degrees, certificates, and professional development programs in the fields of peacebuilding and conflict transformation, international education, sustainable development, and TESOL. Founded over 40 years ago as a training center for early Peace Corps volunteers, SIT Graduate Institute's flexible full-time and low-residency programs are based on an experiential learning model and a commitment to social justice and intercultural communication.
The SIT global network enables limitless professional opportunities during, and following, the course of study. Alumni and partners are engaged in creating, leading, and developing social justice, educational, and international development organizations around the world.
Benefits offered by SIT Graduate Institute
||Annual 25% tuition scholarship, plus Segal Ed Award match up to $5,500
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships will be awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for one year of service and City Year staff members who have been employed for at least two years.
- Admitted students will be permitted to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards based on the strength of the application.
- City Year corps alumni or staff who apply their Segal Education Award toward their SIT Graduate Institute education will receive a matching scholarship of up to $5,500.
- Click here to access SIT Graduate Institute's admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please check the SIT Graduate institute's website for more deadline details.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please check the City Year box on the online application.Otherwise, contact the Admissions Office (listed below) to get the application fee waived and be considered for the scholarship described above. Please state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "SIT Graduate Institute" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
- Call 1-800-336-1616 (toll free in the US) or 802-258-3510, or email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.
"If you joined City Year for the same reason that I did — to make a positive impact in the world through people-centered education, outreach, and development — then SIT is a logical next step for earning your master’s degree."
Caitlyn Clark, Philadelphia '08, '09
Read about Caitlyn's experience in City Year and with SIT