City Year is proud to partner with Simmons College, a pioneering liberal arts university with renowned coeducational graduate programs, offering a 25% tuition scholarship.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) blends innovation and academic tradition to form the foundation for pioneering graduate programs in Education, Liberal Arts, Behavior Analysis and Public Policy. Faculty, students, and alumni bring tremendous energy and experience to their work, and their enthusiastic commitment and collaboration make graduate life at Simmons a uniquely engaging experience. Simmons provides a graduate education that is both challenging and custom-made. A collaborative environment and enviable student/faculty ratio — combined with their faculty's impressive record of publications, professional experience, and research awards — guarantee personal attention and expert mentorship.
Benefits offered by Simmons College of Arts & Sciences Graduate Programs
||25% Tuition Scholarship*
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
*Part-time (5 or more credits) and full-time students (10 or more credits) are eligible to be considered for this scholarship.
Eligibility and Additional Information
- The award for Simmons College of Arts and Sciences will be equal to at least 25%
tuition discount of the entire MAT (Master of Arts in Teaching for elementary,
middle, or high school) or MPP (Masters in Public Policy) graduate program, for up to one recipient per year.
Part-time (5 or more credits) and full-time students (10 or more credits) are
eligible to be considered for this scholarship.
- One annual scholarship awarded to a City Year corps member or alumna/us for at
least one year of service or a City Year staff member employed for at least two
- Admitted students will be permitted to defer enrollment by one year if they
decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
Students who are awarded the give a year scholarship may not defer their award,
but will be eligible for full reconsideration for the new term he or she defers
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards based on the
strength of the application and availability of other Simmons scholarship funds.
- Click here to access the Simmons College School of Arts & Sciences Website and apply online.
- Deadline: The College of Arts and Sciences has a rolling admission policy. Apply early for
maximum consideration for admission and financial aid. To meet priority
application deadlines, completed application files should be submitted by May 1
for summer session, August 1 for the fall semester, and December 15 for the
spring semester. For more information about the school (and the application
process,) please click
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the Office of Admissions by phone at 617-521-2915, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to identify yourself as a City Year applicant and get an application fee waiver code to include when submitting your online application. Please also self-identify on your resume and/or essay. City Year applicants should also identify themselves through a checkbox on the online application.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "Simmons A&S" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. There may be a supplementary application process for scholarship awards. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.