City Year is proud to partner with Simmons College, a pioneering liberal arts university with renowned coeducational graduate programs, offering a 25% tuition scholarship.
Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science is big in many ways — a national leader with top-rated faculty, prestigious alumni, and two great locations in Boston and South Hadley, Massachusetts. However, upholding their educational "contract" with students means that the focus is on you. Simmons offers a learning experience that is highly collaborative and much more personal than that of large universities. Students will have direct and frequent access to faculty who know their name and understand their aspirations.
Benefits offered by Simmons College School of Library and Information Science
||25% Tuition Scholarship*
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
*Part-time (5 or more credits) and full-time students (10 or more credits) are eligible to be considered for this scholarship.
Eligibility & Additional Info
- The award for Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science
will be equal to at least 25% tuition discount of the entire program, for one
recipient per year. Part-time (5 or more credits) and full-time students (10 or
more credits) are eligible to be considered for this scholarship.
- One annual scholarship awarded to a City Year corps member or alumna/us for at
least one year of service or a City Year staff member employed for at least two
- Admitted students will be permitted to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies. Students who are awarded the give a year scholarship may not defer their award, but will be eligible for full reconsideration for the new term he or she defers to.
- Click here to access the Simmons College School Library and Information Science's admissions website for more information about the school (and the application process) and apply online.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the Admissions Office to identify yourself as a City Year applicant and get an application fee waiver code to include when submitting your online application. Please also self-identify on your resume and/or personal statement. City Year applicants can also identify themselves through a checkbox on the online application.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "Simmons GSLIS" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. There may be a supplementary application process for scholarship awards. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.