City Year is proud to partner with the University of Pennsylvania's Fels Institute of Government to award tuition scholarships of $8,000 per year for the Masters of Public Administration to City Year corps members, alumni or
staff, plus additional scholarship opportunities.
Penn's Fels Institute of Government has
been educating students committed to making a difference in the world for over 75
years. Their approach is distinctive--their small size and unique setting
make the Fels program incredibly personal, and the practice-based curriculum,
taught by practitioners and some of Penn's most distinguished faculty, keeps
the school closely focused on the tough but critical questions of how to get
things done and achieve real world results in challenging political
UPenn's Fels Institute of Government Scholarship Details
|give a year Scholarship Amount
|$8,000 annual tuition scholarship
|City Year alumni and staff
|Number of City Year Service Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
|Yes, up to 2 years
Eligibility & Additional Information
- $8,000 Tuition Scholarship. The award for the Fels Institute of Government will be equal to $8,000 per year for all admitted City Year corps, alumni or staff members enrolling in the MPA program.
- The Scholarships renewable for up to two years.
- City Year alumni must have served at least one year of service, and City Year staff must be employed for at least two years.
- An up to two-year deferral for admitted students who decide to serve with City Year before starting their studies with the Fels Institute.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards depending on the strength of the application.
Application deadlines and details vary by program.
Click here to visit the
admissions page on the website.
Click here to view deadline
details and apply online.
To Verify Your City Year Affiliation
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "Penn Fels" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship
decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and
staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application
process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and
consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.