City Year is proud to partner with the Warner School at the University of Rochester, a leading graduate school and premier research university focused on developing leaders in education and human development, so our alumni can continue to affect change in their communities, offering an annual 25% tuition scholarship.
The University of Rochester has a well-deserved reputation for excellence, and the Warner School has a rich history as a part of that excellence. The Warner School's programs in teaching and curriculum, counseling and human development, and educational leadership prepare educators to handle today's challenges in education. The Warner School strives to provide teachers, administrators, counselors, and researchers with the tools to be agents of change. Their graduates are equipped to be exceptional at what they do, and to make a difference in their chosen fields of study.
Benefits offered by the Warner School at the University of Rochester
||25% tuition scholarship annually
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
- Scholarships awarded annually to up to 10 City Year alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years and meet the Warner School admission criteria.
- Scholarships eligible towards all Master's degree programs (scholarship is renewable annually)
- Eligible Master's Programs:
- Teaching and Curriculum
- Education Policy
- Higher Education
- Counseling and Human Development
- A one-year deferral for students admitted to a graduate program who decide to serve with City Year before starting their study with The Warner School.
- Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards depending on the strength of the application.
- Click here to access the Warner School's admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please check The Warner School's admissions website for deadline details.
- To identify & verify your City Year affiliation:
- Contact Pamela Black-Colton, Executive Director of Admissions, at 585 275-6338, or email@example.com to get the application fee waived and to identify yourself as a City Year applicant. You can also self-identify on your resume or essay.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "University of Rochester Warner School" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.