City Year is proud to partner with The School of Graduate & Professional Programs at Wheelock College, a leading graduate school focused on improving the lives of children and families through its programs in education, social work, child life and organizational leadership, offering 25% tuition scholarship.
Since 1955, Wheelock College's School of Graduate and Professional Programs has been providing an exceptional advanced education to people from around the U.S. and around the globe. Our students seek to improve the lives of children and families -- and society, in general -- by becoming successful practitioners, leaders, and advocates infields such as Child Life, Family Studies, Human Development, Social Work, Education, and Organizational Leadership.
Benefits offered by Wheelock College's School of Graduate and Professional Programs
*$6,000 to $14,000 depending on total required credits in student's program
||25% tuition scholarship*
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
|Application Fee Waiver
Eligibility & Additional Info
- Scholarships awarded to City Year corps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA and be in good academic and social standing while attending Wheelock College.
- A one-year deferral is offered for students admitted to a graduate program who decide to serve with City Year before starting their study with Wheelock.
- The scholarships described above represent the minimum awards. Applicants will be considered for additional merit-based awards depending on the strength of the application.
- Eligible Masters Programs:
- Child Life and Family Centered Care
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Studies
- Elementary Education
- Language and Literacy
- Organizational Leadership
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Click here to access Wheelock College's School of Graduate and Professional Programs' admissions website and apply online.
- Deadline: Please check Wheelock College's School of Graduate and Professional Programs' website for deadline details.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please identify your City Year affiliation when filling out your online application through the City Year check-box on the application, to get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarships described above.
To Contact the Admissions Office
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.