Read below to learn about how access to career development resources, partnerships and alumni network to help you explore opportunities that may shape your professional and career development plans.
- Career Center @alumni.cityyear.org: career services hub for corps and alumni to access resources and benefits such as details University Partnerships, Career Partnerships, Employers for National Service, Applying to Grad School, job postings, career toolkit and more.
- AmeriCorps Alums (americorpsalums.org): In addition to the network of 25,000 City Year alums, there is a broader service network of one million alums. AmeriCorps Alums offers a free career center, a job board, networking, professional development webinars and more. It’s free to register – go to http://americorpsalums.org.
- University Partnerships (exclusive scholarship opportunities!): More than 100 colleges, universities and graduate schools offer exclusive scholarships to qualified City Year AmeriCorps members, alumni and staff. These schools – referred to as University Partners – value the City Year experience and commit to offering tuition scholarships up to 100% along with application fee waivers and other benefits. >>Learn more here.
- Career Partnerships: More than 40 organizations offer preferential recruitment and hiring or career development resources for City Year AmeriCorps members and alumni. These organizations – called Career Partners - are employers, organizations, teacher residency/preparation programs who value the City Year experience and offer preferential hiring to corps members and alums. >> Learn more here.
- Employers of National Service: Launched by Corporation for National & Community Service in 2014, nearly 400 companies, nonprofits, institutions of higher education, schools, state and local governments have signed up to gain access to qualified AmeriCorps Alums. >>Learn more here.
- Recommended Fellowships and Summer Opportunities: Dozens of fellowship programs and summer employers seek City Year alumni in their programs. A list of fellowship programs who aim to recruit ACMs can be found on Alumni Website. >>Learn more here for fellowships; >>here for summer opps.
- Alumni Career Advisors: Nearly 900 City Year Alumni living across the country working in more than 20 career fields have signed up to volunteer as career advisors. Sample fields include nonprofit, law, consulting, arts, medicine, education and more. >>Connect with alums here. Note: This section of alumni website requires login – ACMs will receive in late September.
- Connecting with Alumni on LinkedIn: Join the City Year Alumni Association group on LinkedIn and start building connections with nearly 4,000 alumni members. Once you are a group member, you can use the free advanced search to filter by city, industry and other criteria and then check off the box for City Year Alumni Association. You’ll see alumni who fit your criteria. >>Join City Year Alumni group here.
- Representing City Year on your Resume: There are strong resume templates with prompts on how to highlight City Year experience. Does your ACM need an easy-to-use template to help translate their service experience? >>Access Resume Resources in the Career Toolkit section here.
- National eNewsletter: the national eNews (corps version and alumni version) is sent every other month to ACMs highlighting Career Center resources, alumni stories and partnership announcements to further connect you to career development resources. It will be delivered to your email address!