2023 Alumni Leadership Awards: Call for Nominations
Nominate yourself or another City Year alum for City Year's highest alumni recognition! Nominations are due Wednesday, November 15, 2023.Nomination Form
We are excited to announce the call for nominations for the 2023 City Year Alumni Leadership Awards. Nominations are due by
Friday, November 10, 2023 Wednesday, November 15, 2023 (deadline extended!)
About the Award
The City Year Alumni Leadership Award, City Year’s highest alumni recognition, recognizes outstanding alumni who have continued their commitment to service, and have demonstrated extraordinary achievement, contribution, and/or commitment to working towards social justice, and building stronger communities.
Since 1995, we have recognized 131 outstanding City Year alumni. We’re thrilled this year to once again celebrate alums who continue to build stronger communities through innovative approaches to addressing critical social problems. We encourage you to nominate yourself or a fellow City Year alum for this recognition!
- DISTINGUISHED YOUNG ALUMNI AWARD: Honoring alums who graduated from City Year between 2018-2023. Alums who are still serving as City Year AmeriCorps members are not eligible.
- ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Honoring alums who graduated from City Year between 1988-2017
- CITY YEAR STAFF ALUMNI IMPACT AWARD: Honoring City Year alums currently on staff with City Year for their contributions to the City Year community.
What We’re Looking For
- Demonstrating significant contribution and commitment to building stronger communities.
- Inspiring, mobilizing, and empowering others
- Creating or utilizing sustainable practices and solutions for social change
- Disrupting and dismantling existing systemic, structural, and interpersonal inequities
- Utilizing gifts, talents, and creativity to influence change
- Continuously pursuing personal growth
Completed nominations must include the following:
- Nomination Form:
- Section 1: Nominee Information
- Section 2: Nominator information (if applicable)
- Section 3: Short Answer Questions
- Letters of Support: 2 or 3 letters of support, including one from the lead nominator if not self-nominating. Limits: 2000 characters per letter, see here for full guidelines. No additional letters of support will be accepted.
- Copy of the nominee’s resume
- Complete nomination packets should be submitted to Elaine Lunsford, National Alumni Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Having trouble filling out the nomination form PDF? The form works best from a laptop/computer with almost all PDF readers. Still having issues? You can also use this online form to submit a nomination. We ask that you only fill out this version if the PDF isn’t working for you.
- Nominations are due
Friday, November 10, 2023Wednesday, November 15, 2023 (deadline extended)
- Nominations will be reviewed and recipients will be selected and notified in December
- Award recipients will be celebrated at the 2023 City Year Leadership Awards event on February 8, 2024
Please contact Elaine Lunsford, National Alumni Operations Manager, at email@example.com with any questions!
Review this full nomination packet for guidelines around requirements for nomination materials. All nomination materials must be received by Wednesday, November 15 to submit the application.
Each nomination is required to have 2-3 letters of support. Please review the following guidelines, suggestions and requirements for letters of support.