Website Excel Academy Charter Schools
Excel Academy was founded in 2003 with the mission to provide a high-quality education to students in East Boston and Chelsea Massachusetts, communities that are predominantly low-income and Latinx and historically have faced significant social and educational barriers. Our success in Massachusetts is proof that the opportunity gap can be closed. At Excel Academy Charter Schools, we believe that when a student has the support and tools to pursue a productive post-secondary pathway aligned to their personal identity and values, it can fundamentally change their life trajectory.
At Excel Academy we learn from our students, families, and staff and make improvements. We have increasingly adapted to provide a holistic education that values our community as collaborators in the learning process, social-emotional support, equity for diverse learners, and fosters identity development. We prioritize an approach that is both rigorous and inclusive. Our team of passionate, intelligent, driven, and loving staff are at the core of the work we do.
Growth Happens Here.
About the Role
The Office Coordinator role is a full-time, year-round position that reports to the Managing Director of Operations and serves as a member of the Network Team. The Office Coordinator supports the success of the Network Team by managing the Massachusetts Network office and systems. This role also manages some cross-campus systems and provides flexible support to school Operations teams in Massachusetts. The salary range for this position is expected to be $44,250-$55,250 commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Cross-Campus Operational Systems
- Serve as the point-person for the Massachusetts schools’ transportation needs, including:
- Purchase, receive, and distribute MBTA passes to schools
- Coordinate private bussing for students who need door-to-door services and serve as the vendor’s escalated point person on the Network Team
- Manage escalated school-vendor concerns
- Own, document, and maintain a central resource of systems to support school teams to access transportation information
- Support the planning of the schools’ bussing mitigation plan in August of each year
- Support with data entry for student applications and new student enrollment packets
- Coordinate with schools to collect and distribute student records
- Create, communicate, and own the execution of the inclement weather policy for Massachusetts schools, ensuring compliance with state regulations under the direction of the Managing Director of Operations
- Distribute or coordinate with schools delivery of Network-wide messages to families through a mass-communication system.
- Own ongoing changes and translations of school calendars for the Massachusetts region.
Network Team Services & Office Management
- Provide flex support as needed by the Network Team to ensure success of schools
- Own updating the website, including making updates to content and photos
- Own the efficiency of the Network Team office space, including responding to facility needs
- Serve as the account administrator for software platforms shared across schools with a single network account:
ESE Security Portal
- Own the creation and fidelity of systems for supporting the Network Team, which could include:
- Manage the Network Team’s laptop inventory, and serve as the point person for coordinating with the IT vendor for support
- Complete onboarding and offboarding of Network Team staff, including assigning desks, keys, laptops, getting staff access to platforms and ensuring staff have supplies they need
- Credit card reconciliations for the Network Team credit card
- Owning the annual birthday calendar and ordering birthday cards
- Ordering food for large groups as requested by the Network Team
- Tracking paid time off for the Network Team
- Securing translation and interpretation services for the Network Team
- Ordering supplies for the Network Team office and ensuring there is an adequate system for staff to request additional supplies needed for their work
- Manage specific budget lines related to Network Team services
- Order snacks and own the experience of the office environment
- Own incoming and outgoing mail, and ensure systems are in place to allow Network Team staff to easily send and receive physical mail
- Support all Network-owned events through planning, preparation, and ownership of specific projects or tasks, including annual Network Summit Day, charter renewal site visits, among others.Qualifications
- A commitment to addressing inequity in education;
- An unwavering commitment to and belief in the mission of Excel Academy Charter Schools, including Excel’s values and educational model;
- The ability to focus and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work; and
- An entrepreneurial spirit that reflects an openness to change, a willingness to problem-solve, and an interest in developing new ideas and programs.
Role Specific Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to self-organize and prioritize
- Experience in an educational organization preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Hunger for feedback and ability to effectively incorporate feedback
- Preference will be given to applicants who also: Speak Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic
Excel Academy Charter Schools is committed to its work as an anti-racist organization. One critical element of that commitment is building and empowering a diverse staff that reflects the community that we serve. We strongly encourage applications from candidates whose experiences share important points of intersection with those of our students. Staff who demonstrate fluency in Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic (languages spoken widely by our diverse community of families) will receive additional compensation, as will staff who are alumni of our schools.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
City Year Detroit’s Leadership Breakfast brought together local leaders from the business, education, and philanthropic sectors to discuss education...Read more about $55,000 Raised at City Year Detroit's Leadership Breakfast
Harrison Evers is a first year AmeriCorps member serving with City Year Buffalo as a student success coach, where he...Read more about Perspectives from a first year AmeriCorps member
City Year is releasing a new resource for practitioners, The Power of Student Success Coaches in Community Schools. This guide...Read more about The power of student success coaches in schools
We are thrilled to share some exciting news regarding City Year Dallas’ continued commitment to providing invaluable support to students...Read more about City Year Dallas Uplift Announcement