Jumpstart Children First
The Site Manager role is a full year position which ensures substantive language, literacy and social- emotional learning gains for children and drives member outcomes through strong management and delivery of programming. The Jumpstart Site Manager ensures high quality programming by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the program and by serving as the primary Jumpstart representative for one higher education partners. The Site Manager recruits, trains, and supervises 32 college students (Corps Members) serving as part-time AmeriCorps members and volunteers to work with 90 preschool children from under-served communities. The individual in this role provides observation, feedback, coaching and modeling to Corps Members on a regular basis to strengthen classroom impact. They will report to a Director of Programs.
Programmatic Impact and Early Childhood Education & Training
- Design and facilitate a Jumpstart training series for Jumpstart Corps Members and Team Leaders to prepare all Corps Members to successfully engage in service and to deliver high quality classroom programming; adapt or develop training content for members when necessary.
- Use Jumpstarts coaching framework to observe Jumpstart sessions and planning meetings to monitor the quality of interactions between Corps Members and children and the implementation of planned curriculum.
- Coach Team Leaders and teams of Jumpstart Corps Members to increase their ability to meet childrens learning and developmental needs and the cultural competency of Jumpstarts programming in each classroom.
- Lead weekly Team Leader Meetings per Jumpstart guidelines to support leadership skill development, to deepen team leader knowledge of early childhood education practices, and to ensure team leaders are prepared to lead high quality sessions each week.
- Order, organize, distribute, and manage curriculum supplies for high quality program implementation.
- Implement continuous improvement processes to strengthen team and classroom outcomes and ensure Jumpstart Quality Standards are met.
- Engage in regular and ongoing learning and professional development related to early childhood education to inform and strengthen practices.
- Partner with classroom teachers and preschool center directors to plan, implement and negotiate aspects of program implementation. Work closely with teachers to ensure child data (consent forms) are collected and to administer child assessments.
- Contribute to communities of practice to share best practices, problem solve with peers, and to support the development of Program Operations resources.
Program Management and Operations
- Provide Jumpstart Corps Members and Team Leaders with systematic supervision and support, consistent and responsive management, and clear ongoing communication to support Corps Members to successfully complete their term of service, which includes supporting them in the completion of expected hours requirements.
- Utilize required databases such as Salesforce, eGrants, AmericaLearns/OnCorps, and MyJstart for administrative aspects of Corps Member management.
- Plan and manage the Corps Member recruitment process; interview and select all members for a Jumpstart site.
- Where applicable (as mandated by varied AmeriCorps partnerships), recruit a Community Engagement Coordinator and manage them to develop and implement outside volunteer engagement opportunities that involve outside members of the community and corporate sponsors in Jumpstart’s work and meet the sites’ outside volunteer goal.
- Review and approve Corps Member timesheets per Jumpstart’s compliance expectations using America Learns and/or OnCorps. Where applicable, comply with the higher education partner’s federal work study timesheet process.
- Work with national staff and Data Coordinators to ensure grant and programmatic compliance, as related to the supervision of Jumpstart Corps Members, management of Corps Member criminal history checks and files components, conducting end of year performance review of Corps Members, child data collection and assessment, and the site budget per Jumpstart, AmeriCorps, and other grant specifications.
- Review site monitoring reports in collaboration with Data Coordinators and engage in continuous improvement practices to strengthen site compliance.
- Complete periodic site progress reports and the annual site application process, per Jumpstart and/or grant requirements.
- Actively participate in team meetings to contribute to community, to share with and learn from peers, and to remain informed of organizational updates and work priorities.
Campus and Community Partnerships and Operations
- Build and manage high quality Preschool Program Partner relationships, including serving 90 children
- Cultivate and manage campus relations to ensure Jumpstart visibility, integration, and the sustainability and success of the program on campus, including recruitment of 32 Corps Members
- Work with campus-based faculty, staff, and administrators who can support Jumpstart Corps Member training, recruitment efforts, student supports, and foster campus relationships, systems and processes.
- Build and manage high quality community partner/stakeholder relationships.
- Host Jumpstart site visits for external stakeholders such as elected officials, funders, or higher education partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- At least 2-3 years of prior work experience
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, social justice, community, joy, and inclusive leadership
- Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites as necessary
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- On-going commitment and interest in social justice or diversity, equity and inclusion work
- Strong organizational, management and leadership abilities
- Strong emotional intelligence, active listening and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and takes initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to be adaptable, flexible and accommodate shifting priorities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled
- Competency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with higher education partners, community partners, preschool staff, and the general community
- Experience working in urban environments and commitment to serving urban communities
Preferred or Ideal
- Background or experience in an early childhood setting
- Prior work experience in a higher education setting and/or managing college students
- Prior experience in supervising others, including ability to provide verbal and written feedback
- Ability to manage basic fiscal matters, such as an operating budget
- Prior experience managing AmeriCorps or grant-funded programs
- Prior experience with the Jumpstart program
Approximately 15% local travel
November 2023 (internal); December 2023/January 2024 (external) (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
Willimantic, CT (This position is based out of Eastern Connecticut State University)
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary – $67,500 – with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.
City Year Detroit’s Leadership Breakfast brought together local leaders from the business, education, and philanthropic sectors to discuss education...Read more about $55,000 Raised at City Year Detroit's Leadership Breakfast
Harrison Evers is a first year AmeriCorps member serving with City Year Buffalo as a student success coach, where he...Read more about Perspectives from a first year AmeriCorps member
City Year is releasing a new resource for practitioners, The Power of Student Success Coaches in Community Schools. This guide...Read more about The power of student success coaches in schools
We are thrilled to share some exciting news regarding City Year Dallas’ continued commitment to providing invaluable support to students...Read more about City Year Dallas Uplift Announcement