Print Page
University Partnership: University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work
Share |

City Year is proud to partner with University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work, a premiere graduate college committed to achieving social, racial, economic and political justice, local to global, offering 50% annual tuition scholarships.


The University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work (GCSW) prepares diverse leaders in practice and research to address complex challenges and achieve sustainable social, racial, economic, and political justice, locally and globally, through exceptional education, innovative research, and meaningful community engagement.

Benefits offered by UHGCSW

Scholarship Amount  50% annual tuition scholarship
 (towards full-time, on-ground program

Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually  2
Application Fee Waiver  Yes - full-time, hybrid or online
Enrollment Deferral  Yes - full-time, hybrid or online

Eligibility & Additional Info

  • 50% Tuition Scholarship.  The award will be in the amount of 50% of tuition, for up to 2 City Year corps, alumni or staff members per year. Scholarship only applies to the full-time, on-ground program. The scholarship may be renewed in subsequent years of the program up to 2 years.
  • Scholarships awarded to City Year AmeriCorps members and alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
  • UHGCSW will permit admitted students (full time, hybrid or online programs) to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to stay with City Year for additional time before starting their studies.
  • Scholarships described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for additional merit-based aid based on the academic strength of the application.


MSW Programs
Learn more:

To Apply

To identify your City Year affiliation:

  • Please contact the Admissions Office at and state that you served with City Year and reference our partnership.

To access the Application Fee Waiver and Apply for the Scholarship:

  • Request City Year service verification letter: Please email the City Year Alumni & Career Services Department at with "UHGCSW: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent directly to the Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
  • Once we have received your verification letter from City Year we will email you a waiver code that you will apply to the application before submitting.

To Contact the Admissions Office

Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.