Volunteer with City Year San José/Silicon Valley
Volunteers are an integral part of our work: helping students, schools, AmeriCorps members and communities succeed.
I liked being able to give back to the community and volunteering with City Year was the perfect opportunity to do so.
City Year San José/Silicon Valley offers the following opportunities for individuals to get involved with our work. For general inquiries, please contact our team.
- Mentorship Program: As a volunteer mentor, you can empower one of our San José/Silicon Valley AmeriCorps members (ages 17-25) to meet their career and professional goals. We are recruiting mentors for our 2021-2022 program which runs between September 2021 – June 2022. Click here to learn more about the mentorship program and apply to be a mentor.
- Learning workshops: Whether you have an expertise in career-readiness skills or have a passion for your career path, we are always looking for volunteer facilitators that can help us provide professional development experiences for our young adult AmeriCorps members. Contact Lukas Hibell to learn more about how to get involved.
- Information session: Support our work by organizing an informational session for your company, college or community groups. To partner with us on hosting a virtual information session, please contact Fabiola Meza.
City Year San José/Silicon Valley offers the following opportunities for corporate groups to partner with City Year to engage their employees or members. We align these opportunities with local, state and national guidelines on public health and offer virtual engagement options.
- Signature City Year events: Throughout the year, City Year hosts a variety of signature events where companies can sponsor and get their employees involved. For 2021, our annual event will be MLK Beloved Community Summit, a virtual learning summit to hold spaces for meaningful conversations and learning on racial justice and equity. Contact Lyndsey Marks to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
- Custom service events: City Year offers custom event management services from start to finish to provide service opportunities that benefit students, schools, AmeriCorps members and communities. Example projects include school beautification days, STEAM-kit assembly, appreciation gift assembly, and large-scale murals. Events has a wealth of experience hosting events both in-person at service sites and in the virtual space. Contact Lyndsey Marks to learn more information about custom engagement opportunities.
Learn more about City Year San José/Silicon Valley
City Year San José/Silicon Valley spoke with Dr. Robert Balfanz about the importance of social-emotional learning in order for students...Read more about Social-emotional learning support with Dr. Robert Balfanz
On January 18, 2021, City Year San José/Silicon Valley celebrated the 35th national Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday by organizing...Read more about A Racial Equity Summit to Commemorate Dr. King
From August 3rd-7th, City Year partnered with Hulu to offer a career and professional development experience like no other! This...Read more about City Year Partners with Hulu for A Virtual Career Week Event