City Year is proud to partner with Wesleyan University Graduate Liberal Studies.
University is known for the excellence of its academic programs. Graduate Liberal
Studies at Wesleyan is a liberal arts graduate program designed for working
adults. Classes meet in evenings, on weekends, and over the summer. Through GLS,
Wesleyan awards the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) degree and the
Master of Philosophy in Liberal Arts (MPhil). The program offers the
opportunity to study topics across the liberal arts, in small classes, with Wesleyan’s
renowned faculty. On a beautiful campus overlooking the Connecticut River, you
will hone and refine the critical thinking and creative talents you’ll utilize
to make a positive difference in the world.
Benefits offered by Wesleyan University Graduate Liberal Studies
||Wesleyan University Graduate Liberal Studies will annually provide free summer housing (a maximum value of $1620) on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible members of the City Year community (corps member, alumni, and staff) who enroll in a GLS Summer Term Course for credit
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
||First come, first serve
|Application Fee Waiver
||Yes (there is no application fee)
Eligibility and Additional Information
- Summer housing (a maximum value of $1620) is on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible members of the City Year community (corps member, alumni, and staff) who enroll in a GLS Summer Term Course for credit.The Summer Housing Benefit covers only the time period of the course(s) in which the student is enrolled, with the addition of one day preceding and following the course(s). Additional eligible City Year community members may receive this award, subject to availability.
- In addition to the benefit described above, members of the City Year Community may apply for need-based scholarship aid if admitted to one of the degree programs.
- A one-year deferral for students admitted to the program who decide to serve with City Year before starting with Wesleyan University.
- Applicants may be considered for additional scholarships based on need.
Apply for degree candidacy to begin in fall, spring or summer term. Please visit the website to view admission details.
To Identify and Verify Your City Year affiliation
- To be considered for the benefits described above, please contact the Graduate Liberal Studies Office. Please state that you served with City Year
and reference our partnership.
- City Year verification: To get the application fee waived and to be considered for the scholarship, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing email@example.com with "Wesleyan GLS" in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and your corps graduation month and year. This letter will be sent electronically by City Year to Admissions Office and added to your applicant file.
To Contact the Graduate Liberal Studies Office
Please call 860.685.2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.