City Year is proud to partner with Wesleyan University Graduate Liberal Studies, offering a 25% annual tuition scholarship.
University is known for the excellence of its academic programs. Graduate Liberal
Studies at Wesleyan is a liberal arts graduate program designed for working
adults. Classes meet in evenings, on weekends, and over the summer. Through GLS,
Wesleyan awards the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) degree and the
Master of Philosophy in Liberal Arts (MPhil). The program offers the
opportunity to study topics across the liberal arts, in small classes, with Wesleyan’s
renowned faculty. On a beautiful campus overlooking the Connecticut River, you
will hone and refine the critical thinking and creative talents you’ll utilize
to make a positive difference in the world.
Benefits offered by Wesleyan University Graduate Liberal Studies
||25% tuition scholarship|
|Number of Scholarships Awarded Annually
||Up to 1|
|Application Fee Waiver
||Yes (there is no application fee)|
Eligibility and Additional Information
- 25% Tuition Scholarship. The scholarship award for Wesleyan University Graduate Liberal Studies will be equal to 25% of tuition for up to one City Year corps member, alumni or staff member per year.
- Scholarships renewable for a maximum of four years, or 12 Graduate Liberal Studies courses (whichever comes first.)
- Scholarships awarded to City Year alumni for at least one year of service and City Year staff members employed for at least two years.
- A one-year deferral for students admitted to the program who decide to serve with City Year before starting with Wesleyan University.
- Applicants may be considered for additional scholarships based on need.
Apply for degree candidacy to begin in fall, spring or summer term. Please visit the website to view admission details.
To Identify and Verify Your City Year affiliation
- To be considered for the give a year
Scholarship, please contact the Graduate Liberal Studies Office. Please state that you served with City Year
and reference our partnership.
- A verification letter must be submitted to be considered for the scholarship. Please send an email to Amanda Smidt, City Year's National Manager of Alumni & Career Services, at email@example.com with "Wesleyan University: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line and include the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent to Wesleyan's Graduate Liberal Studies Office and added to applicant file.
To Contact the Graduate Liberal Studies Office
Please call 860.685.2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. Corps members, alumni and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines, and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.